Powered by Blogger.

Pastel Palette

By 10:55 AM , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

With spring nearly here (even though in Michigan it's impossible to tell), I figured I'd throw together my guide on how to master pastels like a boss.

Pastels and Neutrals:



If you're afraid of pastels, never fear! Obviously, everything goes well with neutrals including pastels. My only suggestion is to shy away from bright white. I'd suggest an off white instead.

Pastels and Brights:




If you're looking to be a little more daring, then here is my suggestion. Create an outfit with mostly pastels and neutrals. Then choose one thing (bag, shoes) to be your color pop to tie the outfit together. 
Side note: When accessorizing go for gold jewelry as opposed to silver. 

Pastels and Pastels:



Yo, dawg! I heard you like pastels. So, I put some pastels on your pastels! Normal rules for color coordination don't apply to pastels. Normally, I wouldn't pair a blue with a purple, but you can do that with pastels.

As for me, this is what I chose (and yes it is blizzarding out):



Cardigan: Forever21 (similar here)
Bird Scarf: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's 
Shoes: Elle for Kohl's

You Might Also Like

2 comments